Income Streams to Explore in 2018. One of the most exciting aspects of blogging is the unlimited income potential. Any seasoned blogger will tell you that diversifying is the best way to create a steady, reliable income.
In order to do that, you’ll want to set up several different income streams on your blog. Here are 15 different streams blogs are using to make money in both new and time-tested ways.
Income Streams to Explore in 2018
- Sell an eBook. Write an eBook that relates to the same topic as some of your highest traffic posts. It doesn’t have to be incredibly long, as long as it’s genuinely helpful to your readers. You can even write several on different topics to create many income possibilities.
- Sell other digital products. Guides, printables, planners, workbooks are just some of the possibilities for paid digital content.
- Host a paid membership community. If you have several digital products and you add more to your website regularly, consider launching a paid membership program that gives members access to all of your products for one set monthly fee. This is a wonderful way to build a community of highly engaged followers as well as establish a consistent recurring monthly income.
- Offer an online course. Platforms like Teachable and Thinkific make it easy to organize and sell online courses. What can you teach your readers how to do?
- Sell branded gear. Branded tee-shirts, coffee mugs, and other products have never been easier to offer. Amazon Merch and Zazzle are two platforms you can use to design and sell these items.
- Offer your services. You’ve probably learned many skills as a blogger that other people would pay you for. You can write content, create graphics, or provide other services to other bloggers as another income stream.
- Link to affiliate products and programs. If you’re not affiliate marketing, you’re missing out on one of the most passive income streams out there! Link to affiliate products in your existing blog posts and on social media where it’s allowed.
- Sell display ads. AdSense and ad networks like MediaVine will pay you based on views and clicks from ads placed on your website.
- Host paid events. Workshops, conferences, and other events can take a lot of time to plan, but they can be lucrative and provide a great opportunity to connect with your community on a deep level.
- Curate a subscription box. A monthly or quarterly box of products related to your niche is a great way to establish recurring monthly income and connect with brands.
- Create a useful app. If you can develop a useful app related to your niche or hire a developer to create one, there are several ways to monetize them with paid upgrades and ads.
- Secure sponsorships. Connecting with brands to promote them on your blog and social media remains one of the most lucrative ways for bloggers to monetize.
- Host a web show. A regular show on YouTube or Facebook can generate revenue through ads or sponsorships, or even the sale of your own products.
- Promote yourself as a speaker. Use your blog to market yourself and secure speaking engagements at industry events.
- Sell physical products. Products you make yourself or buy in bulk to ship or dropship can also create an income stream for you.
Have you experimented with any of these income streams? What has been most successful for you?