So many people have asked “How do I create a short link from an Amazon affiliate link I want to share on social media?” and “Is it Legal?” This step by step video (and the text directions below) shows exactly how to create a short link and proves that it is legal, since the whole process is done within the Amazon Affiliate portal.
Here are written directions for those who do not like video:
1. Open the Amazon Associates Area by clicking on the top right corner of your screen when Amazon is open in your browswer.
2. Complete the sign-in process.
3. Type the name of a book or product in the search field and hit “go.”
4. Click on the tiny arrow next to “Get Link” for the product you want to share. A drop-down box will appear.
5. Click “Shorten link with amzn.to
That’s it! Copy and paste your link wherever you would like to share!